The property tax on duplexes and villas, which are defined as luxurious goods are calculated differently and in effect we can expect that the tax rate will be double compared to one-level-flats of the same metric area. The yearly tax is paid in two instalments i.e. the first instalment is paid between March and May, the second before the end of November but ofcourse you are alowed to pay all tax at once in first half of the year.
Retired Turkish citizens who own just one property in Turkey, are registered in the area where the property is situated and stay here permanently are exempted from the payment.
- Residential properties 0,1% of the property’s value assessed by the government
- Commercial properties 0,2% of the property’s value assessed by the government
- Land properties 0,3% of the property’s value assessed by the government
- The property tax is paid at the City Council where the property is located
- Water and waste management taxes are included in your water bill
- Commercial property tax is higher and paid directly at the City Council