Very often the subject of granting a Power of Attorney (shortly called POA) for selling your property makes you start feeling uncomfortable, and I actually understand it very well as there were so many unpleasant stories in Alanya. Yes, obviously you should indeed be very careful trusting anybody, but there are also other very important factors of POA which I would like to explain as simply as possible.
Assuming that you found an honest and experienced real estate agent with very good opinions, why granting POA can be beneficial? In general and most importantly you save time and money, especially because:
- Coming to Turkey for conducting the sale is not necessary;
- You do not need to queue inappropriate institutions for hours;
- Application meeting in Land Registry Office can be booked by your proxy online, which causes that all sale procedure can be conducted smoothly and quickly;
- You do not need to cover the costs of hiring a sworn translator during Tapu delivery;
- You save yourself stress with counting time and worrying if the transaction gets completed before your return flight day. Please remember that the simplest technical problems, such as a lack of electricity or system failure in the TAPU office can delay completing the transaction for even a few days which can result in the necessity of canceling the flight and booking a new one.
The POA can be prepared in the Turkish Embassy in your country of residence and sent to real estate agency which is selling your apartment or you can grant it in any notary offices in Turkey. How to do that? Contact us, and we will provide you with the necessary details.